1lb Japanese eggplant, sliced lengthwise into 1/2in strips
2 tsps chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsps oyster sauce
- 2 tsps rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Shaoxing wine
- 2 tsps Chinese chili paste
- 2 tsps sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
1. Bring a pot of water up to a boil. Add salt to the water. Add the sliced eggplant to the water and cook until the skin becomes light purple. Drain and run it under cold water to cool.
2. In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients. If you want more heat, add more chili peppers. Don’t be scared of the heat!!
3. Add 1 tbsp canola oil and when a wisp of white smoke appears, add the chopped garlic, and stir until it is fragrant. Add the eggplant to the wok and stir-fry until it is well-mixed with the garlic. Pour the sauce and stir until the sauce thickens.
4. I garnished the dish with a little more of the chopped chili and sliced scallions.